Monday, March 30, 2015

Uh oh...paradigm shift engaged...new game acquired...

Just picked up Silent Legions from Kevin Crawford, and I have to say, I was skeptical about putting the Mythos in an OSR game, and while you can certainly use Silent Legions just for the wealth of information in Kevin's always outstanding "sandbox tools," the game looks to be very playable in the appropriate genre as well. I have (and skill do when I can) played Call of Cthulhu for a long time, as well as similar genre games like Trail of Cthulhu, and I have never considered an OSR game due to the focus on combat and killing creatures, which is definitely not a major drive in Mythos based games.

Kevin makes the switch to investigation, the occult, and madness seamlessly in Silent Legions however, and I can't wait to run my first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment